Watch the YouTube video here. Simple and delicious, I keep a dough ball of this in the fridge just in case anyone shows up with a curry or soup! So easy to make and the burnt butter gives a lovely nutty undertone that really makes these taste incredible…
1. As Roccbox is coming up to temperature, toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan for a minute or so and pop them in a bowl.
2. Add the flour and salt to the cumin seeds and add the water to form a dough.
3. Heat the pan in Roccbox until smoking hot and add the butter to the hot pan and allow to brown and bubble. Add the burnt butter to the dough mix.
4. Work the dough for five minutes before cling filming and setting aside until required.
5. When ready to cook, roll out golf ball sized balls of dough as thin as possible – you can do this in a pasta machine if you have one!
6. Once rolled out, flour both sides – don’t be afraid to use plenty of flour with these and using your peel, cook them one at a time in the Roccbox, keeping a close eye on them!
7. Cook in the oven for around 30-40 seconds – they will puff up like pilllows and begin to colour when ready.
500g Plain Flour, plus extra for rolling and cooking!
2 Tbsp Toasted Cumin Seeds
20g Butter, melted until it turns brown and smells nutty!