Yellow tomatoes are slightly sweeter than their red cousins and make a beautiful looking margherita! You can purchase canned yellow tomatoes and make the sauce the same way as you would for your red pie. Or you can have a go at our yellow cherry tomato sauce.
Yellow Margherita Pizza
1. For the yellow tomato sauce;
- Pop around 900g of yellow cherry tomatoes onto a tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt and mix together.
- Place the tray into Roccbox on a low-medium flame and cook the tomatoes. You want them to be popping open and starting to char (but not charred!) so you’ll want to rotate the tray.
- Blend until smooth and pass through a sieve if you want it extra smooth.
- Depending on how much sauce you like, this will make enough for around 4 pizzas.
2. For the pizza;
- Open a Neapolitan dough ball and top with the tomato sauce, basil and mozzarella.
1 Neapolitan Dough Ball
30-40g Yellow Tomato sauce