And how do you make epic cheese on toast even more epic?! Forego the toast for pizza of course! ….
1. To make the rarebit;
- Place the ale, mustard and Worcestershire sauce into a saucepan and place over medium heat and reduce until thick.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the flour to make a roux. Use a wooden spoon to continuously stir the roux for a few minutes so as to cook out the flour before gradually adding the hot milk to the pan in two to three batches, stirring constantly as you do so.
- Once all the milk is incorporated into the roux add the cheese to the pan and beat and cook until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the ale reduction to the sauce. Mix together well and check the seasoning.
- Allow the mix to cool slightly before beating in the egg yolks.
2. To make the pizza;
- Open a New York style dough ball and top with a few generous spoonfuls of the rarebit.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread the rarebit all over the base before launching the pizza into a 350oC/660oF Roccbox and baking for around 4 minutes, rotating regularly.
- Once baked, transfer to a chopping board, sprinkle over a little flaky salt and enjoy!