Spicy hot honey pairs amazingly well with most pepperoni and cured meats but we took it to the next level with some incredible venison pepperoni from UK based charcuterie makers The Real Cure and our New York style dough.
- To make the hot honey, place all the ingredients in a pan and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature before passing through a sieve and discarding the chopped chillies.
- With the dough balls relaxed at room temperature and Roccbox preheated and fully saturated with heat you can prepare to bake the pizza.
- Open a New York style dough ball into a pizza skin and top with the tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Slide the pizza onto a floured placement peel before launching into Roccbox with the flame turned down halfway.
- Bake for around 3-4 minutes rotating regularly and checking the base during baking.
- Transfer the pizza to a serving plate or board and drizzle over the hot honey.
For The Hot Honey;
5 Dried Chillies, roughly chopped
5 Fresh Red Chillies, roughly chopped
1 New York Style Dough Ball
40g Tomato Sauce
55g Mozzarella Cheese
Venison Pepperoni (enough to cover the pizza)