Drew Huston aka @wildcatfalling is back with another epic pizza recipe for you to try in your Roccbox pizza oven, this time it’s got eggplant, ricotta, basil and breadcrumbs - the ultimate Italian comfort meal. You can mix up this recipe with your own preferred dough base, but we’ve included Drew’s sourdough recipe as it’s super tasty.
1. For the dough;
- Mix the bread flour and khorasan flour together in a bowl. Pour the water into a separate bowl and add the starter to the water. Mix with your hand to dissolve the starter before adding 10% of the flour mix. Mix with your hand till there are no dry bits. Cover, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt to the mix and knead briefly to incorporate before adding the remaining flour and bringing together into a dough with your hands.
- Tip the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for around 10 minutes. Form into a tight ball, cover and leave for 2 hours.
- When the time is up, divide the dough into 250g (8.8 oz) pieces and shape into dough balls. Place the dough balls into a container and cover.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. Allow the dough balls to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before opening into pizzas.
2. For the pizza;
- Thinly slice the eggplant then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Pan fry on either side for a few minutes until soft but not so soft that they fall apart and then set aside to cool.
- Working with one dough ball at a time, toss the dough ball in flour before opening into a pizza base and covering the base with tomato sauce.
- Place the basil, mozzarella, breadcrumbs onto the base, along with the eggplant and chunks of ricotta.
- Slide the pizza onto a placement peel and launch into the Roccbox to bake for around 2 minutes, rotating as required. Slice it up and enjoy!
For The Dough:
400g Strong White Bread Flour
100g Khorasan Flour
325g Water at 18 degrees celsius (64F)
100g Active Starter
For the toppings: