This week's recipe is more of a formula really- you control the flavour! By using these measurements you can change the fat and flavour to create a flatbread to suit your needs (or dish!).
Easy Foolproof Flatbreads
Ready to bake in minutes this recipe is super easy and great if you need a last minute carb addition to a meal!
- Place the salt, flour and dry flavour into a bowl. Combine the fat and liquid in a jug and gradually add to the dry ingredients, mixing with your hand as you do so.
- Once you have added the liquid and have a shaggy dough scrape down the edges of the bowl and transfer to a work surface. Knead until smooth, around 4 minutes and wrap in cling wrap. Either refrigerate until required (up to 2 days) or rest for 10 mins.
- When you’re ready to bake the flatbreads cut off a golf ball size piece of dough and toss well in flour. Use a rolling pin to roll out as thin as possible and cut into pieces that’ll fit in the oven (any shape you like!)
- Depending on your choice of ingredients you may find you need more flour when rolling out your dough, if it feels sticky or wet it’s fine to add as much as you need.
- Once rolled out transfer to a placement peel and launch into a hot Roccbox. The flatbreads will bake in around 1 minute so keep an eye on them and rotate as required.
1 Tsp Salt
200g Flour (plain, bread, 00- any!)
1 Tbsp Dry Flavour (fresh rosemary, chilli flakes, cumin seeds- whatever!)
2 Tbsp Fat (oil, melted butter, sesame oil, yoghurt etc)
100ml Liquid (water, milk or a mix)