This recipe from Chris Roberts (aka Flamebaster) will blow your mind! Fiery mojo sauce, crispy belly pork and swiss cheese combine for Chris’ ode to the Cubano sandwich on a Neapolitan dough ball ...
1. For the mojo sauce;
- Pop the peppers, orange halves and split chillies into a pan, drizzle with a little oil and pop into Roccbox for a few minutes until everything is nicely charred.
- Squeeze the burnt orange and chop everything up (or pop in a blender) with the coriander, sweet paprika and squeeze out the roasted garlic.
- Mix with a god glug of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and set aside until required.
2. For the pork;
- Season the pork belly strips with salt before combining all the pork ingredients in a saucepan and covering with stock. Allow to simmer for around an hour before leaving to cool.
- Remove cooled slices from stock and chill until required.
- To finish the pork slices for the pizza, pop the slices required into a pan and cover with your favourite hot sauce and some runny honey. Cook the pork slice in the hot Roccbox until charred and caramelised.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into smaller pieces to top the pizza.
3. For the pizza;
- Open a floured dough ball into a pizza base and drizzle over the American mustard. Spoon over a couple of spoonfuls of the mojo sauce before sprinkling over the cheese.
- Add some of the charred pork belly before tearing over the prosciutto ham and slide the pizza onto a floured placement peel.
- Launch the pizza into Roccbox and bake for around 90 seconds. Finish the pizza with a few pickles and some fresh dill.[end]
For The Pork Belly;
400g Pork Belly, cut into slices
1 Orange, cut into slices
1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Caraway Seeds
1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes
1 Tbsp Peppercorns
1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
4 Bay Leaves
For The Mojo Sauce;
3 Peppers, roughly chopped
1 Orange, halved
Chillies, split in half - up to you how many but at least 2 and remove the seeds if you don’t like too much heat
Roasted Garlic (wrap a bulb in foil and leave at the front of Roccbox for about 20 minutes)
1 Bunch Coriander
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For Each Pizza;
1 Neapolitan Dough Ball
Hot Sauce of your choice
Handful of Gruyere Swiss Cheese
2 Slices Prosciutto Ham