Drew Huston aka @wildcatfalling makes his stunning looking pizzas with a blend of flours that result in a flavour packed sourdough crust. This one is a spicy and salty twist on the classic surf & turf flavours of meat and fish. Only Drew uses fiery nduja and salty anchovies for this awesome pizza ...
For The Dough;
- Mix the bread flour and khorasan flour together in a bowl. Pour the water into a separate bowl and add the starter to the water. Mix with your hand to dissolve the starter before adding 10% of the flour mix. Mix with your hand till there are no dry bits. Cover, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt to the mix and knead briefly to incorporate before adding the remaining flour and bringing together into a dough with your hands.
- Tip the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for around 10 minutes. Form into a tight ball, cover and leave for 2 hours.
- When the time is up, divide the dough into 250g pieces and shape into dough balls. Place the dough balls into a container and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Allow the dough balls to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before opening into pizzas.
For The Pizzas;
- Working with one dough ball at a time, toss the dough ball in flour before opening into a pizza base and covering the base with tomato sauce. Rip over ¼ of the nduja into small pieces and drizzle with the oil.
- Pull the pizza onto a placement and launch into Roccbox. Bake for around 2 minutes, rotating as required.
- As the pizza comes out the oven top with 5 anchovy fillets and some fresh oregano leaves before grating over the cheese to finish.
For The Dough:
400g Strong White Bread Flour
100g Khorasan Flour
325g Water, at 18 degrees celsius
100g Active Starter
For The Toppings:
20 Anchovy Fillets
170g Tomato Sauce (good quality peeled plum tomatoes, lightly blended with salt)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To Finish The Pizza:
Parmesan or Pecorino